Featured Post

Another New Book Available: States of the Union, The History of the United States through Presidential Addresses, 1789-2023

Mount Greylock Books LLC has published States of the Union: The History of the United States through Presidential Addresses, 1789-2023.   St...

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Update--review of 42

   As some of you know, my permanent home is now in Watertown, Massachusetts.  Both my wife and I are far away from the scene this weekend, however.

    This week's post, a review of the film 42, can be read here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, this is the easiest way for me to comment -- I saw your review of 42 at http://www.billjamesonline.com/jackie_robinson_and_42/
and I just want to mention that Jackie Robinson didn't go 0-4 on April 14, 1947. He went 0-3 with a sacrifice bunt. He got on base because of an error in the fielding of the sacrifice bunt but he wasn't charged at AB because it was a sacrifice bunt.

I was just doing some fact checking for a piece that used the 0-4 stat line so I wondered where he'd gotten it -- since the box scores for the game say 0 for 3. So I looked online. Probably wikianswers is the culprit.

Sincerely,

Fran Rosen
Associate Professor & Librarian
Ferris State University

David Kaiser said...

Aha. Perhaps the piece I was quoting said "hitless in four trips."